Foundations, Principles and Structure of Thai massage
This rich and colorful course brings us into the Thai massage universe. Thai Massage is about Touch. Often discriminated in our society, touch gives us the possibility to establish a dialogue with the one another. It is an unconditional act of Love, beyond preferences and judgments. Without it, the world would only be solitude and separation. With it, we have an amazing tool to facilitate the process of healing and evolution.
The teaching of this class is based on two main parts :
- The understanding of Thai massage foundations (meditation in movement) and the principles of Touch : how to get softness and power in our hands, how to move in a fluid way on the floor using our whole body.
- The learning of a Thai massage sequence. The sequence taught (massage of approximately 1hr & 30min) is specifically designed to address the needs of our Western patients through restoring basic flexibility, bringing back body mobility and balancing the flow of energy.
Without pre-requisites, this 5-day class is open to everyone :
- From the complete beginner who has no hands-on experience and wishes simply to be able to give a good massage to family and friends,
- To the health professional (physiotherapist, osteopath, nurse…) who wishes to expand his or her therapeutic techniques.
Objectives of Thai Massage 1 course:
1. UNDERSTANDING PRINCIPLES OF BEING, TOUCHING AND WORKING ON THE FLOOR
– Principles of Being:
rooting, letting go, centering; the four divine qualities of Buddhism (Metta, Karuna, Mudita, Uppekha )
– Principles of Touch: touching, yes, but how..?
– Principles of Working on the Floor: practicing with hands but also with feet, elbows and knees; learning how to use our body weight; stretching muscular channels (long leverages techniques related to yoga).
2. LEARNING A COMPLETE THAI MASSAGE SEQUENCE
To be able to give a full body Thai massage in the four traditional positions (prone, supine, side and sitting) and to understand where and when to use them.
3. ENERGY LINES
Learn about and work on energy lines specific to Eastern philosophies and techniques.
Cecile Herault (France)
Cécile meets Thai Massage in Thailand, during a year of traveling in Asia during a first training in Chiang Mai at Sunshine Massage School without knowing that it will change her life!
When she came back to France, she enrolled in a class with David that we talked about. Something magical happens then, she meets Thai Massage as she secretly wanted to meet him, never to leave! She decides to start over everything from the beginning and does several times the different modules of the Lulyani school. It is formed in parallel with Yin Yoga and anatomy (AnatomYoga).
Naturally, she continues through Osteothai, returns to Thailand to feed on other teachings, and begins to assist David. She is now completely dedicated to Thai massage. This is an integral part of her life on the futon when she shares it with someone, but also in his daily life, because of the values he conveys.
Oliver ChaMo (Spain)
Oliver is a certified physiotherapist who has been teaching Thai Massage since 2007 feels an eternal student. Dedicated to bring in his teaching techniques coming from his other studies like Craneo Sacral Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Yoga and Osteopathy. For him Thai Massage is meditation, dance and healing.
In this path, the passion for Thai Massage has been growing thanks to teachers like Dayalu, Laurino Bertell, David Lutt, KrishnaTakis. At the moment he is studying the Master OsteoThai from Jörg Schürpf and David Lutt. Oliver has a passionate teaching style and cultivates joy in his trainings.
“Life is constant movement, go where your heart brings you.”
- On the 1st day of the course, we start at 6 pm. Then we will take the dinner all together of that 1st day.
- On the last day of the course, we finish around 4 pm. So everyone can go home that same day.
* You can continue with Thai Massage Thai 2 starting the 26th with David Lutt.
Fill up the following form: http://lulyani.com/en/contact-inscription/inscription/
For more info, call Cécile at 06 38 11 31 67, or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses in France at the Lulyani school: 560 €
– the teaching of Thai Massage or Osteothai
– early morning optional courses : yoga
– course manual and/or videos.
Repetition being the mother of all skills, we offer a 50% discount if you decide to repeat a class (discount available for classes taken in France) : 280 €.
In France, courses take place at “La Maison d’Amis” in the village of Sainte-Cécile-les-Vignes (84120, near Orange) and are residential. Residential courses give you the real possibility to connect, share, transform, be present for yoga in the morning and practice together in the evening. The place offers accomodation and high quality food (organic and vegetarian, possibility of gluten-free or/and lactose-free meals).
For full boarding, prices are:
– 74 euros per day for 3 organic meals and accommodation in a shared room.
– 79 euros per day for 3 organic meals and accommodation in a single room.
– 84 euros per day for 3 organic meals and accommodation in a single room with private bathroom.
According to availability… first registered, first to choose!
How to come to Sainte Cécile les Vignes? Click here
If you don’t want to stay at La Maison d’Amis, please get in contact with us.
More Info: www.lulyani.com